Courses Offered at Lukenya College
The courses offered at Lukenya College meet the needs of a modern world. The college offers courses examined by KNEC (Kenya National Examinations Council) and KASNEB (Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examination Board). At Lukenya College, we’re committed to creating outstanding futures for our students. At our Emali Campus, you’ll find a huge range of courses in specific, career-focused vocational and teacher training courses.
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is the national body responsible for overseeing national examinations in Kenya. The KNEC was established to conduct school, post school and other examinations . It has the role of ensuring validity and reliability of examinations; and to ensure conformity to Kenya’s goals and changes in government policy relating to the curriculum and examinations. The tertiary exams by KNEC are in the months of March, July and November.
The Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB) is the body responsible for preparing and administering exams for diploma and professional certificate courses. In addition to these roles, it is the professional body mandated to create the syllabus and offer certifications to students pursuing various courses. The main categories include management, finance, secretarial studies , information technology, credit, governance, accountancy, finance, and other related disciplines. KASNEB exams are in May and November every year.
KNEC Courses at Lukenya College include:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management (DHRM)
- Diploma in Business Management (DBM)
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (DICT)
- Diploma in Social Work and Communication Development (DCD)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development Education (Dip ECDE)
- Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)
- Certificate in Human Resource Management (CHRM)
- Certificate in Business Management (CBM)
- Certificate in Early Childhood Development Education (Cert ECDE)
KASNEB Courses include:
- Account Technician Course (ATC)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The college also offers short courses in
- Hair and Beauty Therapy
- Electrical Installation
These courses are particularly suited for those who scored a mean grade of D- and below.