Student life – clubs, societies, sports – Lukenya College offers Recreational Sports, Fitness, Health and a multitude of Wellness Activities to enhance the mind, body and spirit of the student body.
Our mission is to provide programmes, services and facilities that are responsive to the physical, social, recreational, and lifelong needs of the campus community related to health, fitness, and academic achievement.
Today, the Sports and Games Department is responsible for provision of recreational and competitive sports for both students and the members of staff in the college. The services
The Sports and Games Department now offers an array of disciplines namely: volleyball, basketball, handball, netball, badminton, athletics, darts, and chess, cross country, and tug of war. These disciplines are replicated in all the colleges for friendly competition.
Mass participation in sports is encouraged through fun activities as well as intramurals which include inter-years, inter-hostel and inter-faculty sports competitions. The inter-campus build up games and competitions form the baseline for competitive sports in the college.
On competitive performance, the Games tutors and the coaches continue to be instrumental in identifying and nurturing sports talent leading to exemplary performance in the regional and competitions. Athletes who qualify are immensely exposed to national and global competitions.
- To provide efficient and effective quality sport and recreational programmes for students at recreational and competitive levels.
- To develop ,expand and renovate Sports facilities and equipment .
- To maintain state- of- the- art sports facilities and equipment.
- To identify and nurture talents,train and coach sports techniques.
- To provide relevant information on the importance of exercise to staff and students.
- To provide innovative Sports services to students and staff in order to maximize their productivity, enhance teaching and learning and improve quality of research.
- To advise the college in all matters related to Sports and Games services and infrastructure, development and implementation of the Sports and Games policy; and the general sports and games strategic direction in relation to the college’s vision and mission.